[mythtv-users] Dual HDTV Tuner for Australia

Brett May brett.may at thalesatm.com
Fri Oct 12 07:28:53 UTC 2007

Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> 2: Try buying your cards from Dick Smith as they take no-questions-asked
> returns, so long as you return it in the original packaging.  Probably
> cheaper just to buy two cards rather than a specific dual-tuner model.

Since when does Dick Smith take no-questions-asked returns?  I have had two
instances where I had to argue for 30 mins to be able to return two
faulty products.
One was a $500 printer and the other a $250 phone.  Two seperate stores both
with very bad service.  Dick Smith is overpriced and staffed by people
who are
under qualified to talk about computer parts.

I bought a Dvico Dual Digital 4 which works extremely well but has two
problems:
1) You have to run a patched version of the v4l-dvb drivers in Australia.
2) The remote does not work at all, I am yet to find anyone who has this
working
    under Linux.

Cheers,
Brett