[mythtv-users] Eagle Tech CA-EC2 htpc case: remote/display usable?

Ozzy Lash ozzy.lash at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 18:28:49 UTC 2007

On 10/11/07, Dragos Seghete <dragos.seghete at gmail.com> wrote:

> How did you exactly setup your lirc to listen to the new /dev/input/ione
> device (I called mine that, but is simply a symlink to event4). Any help
> would be highly appreciated. It drives me crazy that I can't pause or see
> the menu guide from the comfort of the couch.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Dragos

Dragos,

I've been helping someone else with this off-list, and I think he is
having some problems with the remote as well, so maybe I was just
lucky, or maybe they use different versions of the remote and receiver
on different boxes.

I am pointing lirc at
/dev/input/by-id/usb-HOLTEK_USB_Keyboard-event-mouse which may or may
not be the same one that you have linked but it should be the one that
shows activity when you press the buttons you mentioned.  I am
attaching my hardware.conf,  lircd.conf, and ~mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc
for your perusal.

I am able to use irw to test this without crashing lircd.  Also I am
on debian unstable, so it could be that the files are somewhat
different.

Bill