[mythtv-users] mythfrontend not seeing lircd, but irw works

Jay Mallar jaymallar at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 16:38:06 UTC 2007

Next open lircrc and correct the commands
begin
prog = mythtv
button = UP
repeat = 4
config = Up
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = LEFT
repeat = 4
config = Left
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = RIGHT
repeat = 4
config = Right
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = DOWN
repeat = 4
config = Down
end

Adjust the button to match what the command is in the lircd.conf file.
Adjust the repeat line to match the number of repeats you see in irw when
you press the button on your remote once.

OK, Disregard my drivel about the "Up Hauppauge_350"
However.. your IRW output shows only 2 repeats so you have to modify your
lircrc to have repeat = 2

When I use irw, it mostly shows 2 repeats, but occasionally 1 or 3
depending on how long I hold the button down.

However I've taken out the repeat line complete, and also tried using
values of 1 and 2 and all had no impact.

I did restart lircd, mythbackend and mythfrontend between each try.

Any other ideas?