[mythtv-users] Closed Caption Problem

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Oct 11 15:47:35 UTC 2007

On 10/11/2007 03:07 AM, Jon Boehm wrote:
> This is related to my last post "Sound track overwhelmingly the dialog
> (HD sound)."  When that problem happened I turned on closed caption to
> limp thru the episode. I couldn't understand what was happening.  CC
> seemed to be taking up 3-4 lines on the bottom of the screen but lines
> 1,2,and 4 where disappearing as soon as they displayed (too fast to
> read) and line 3 constantly was being over written without clearing the
> old characters making it an unreadable mess.

Use the VBI captions.  The ATSC captions still need some work (even in
SVN trunk).  You can access the VBI captions through the menu, or you
can change your key bindings such that "Toggle any captions" (which
prefers ATSC captions) is unmapped and map the button you're using for
toggling CC (probably 'T') to "Toggle VBI CC" ("TOGGLECC608").

Mike