[mythtv-users] Commflagging channels with "no commercials"

Eric Smith erictsmith at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 14:06:09 UTC 2007

I was experimenting with the free preview of NHL Center Ice last night.
Would you believe the premium InDemand channels are available over firewire
but not ESPN?  Anyway, the InDemand channels do not broadcast the
commercials from the original feed, in place they just show a single frame
shot that says something like "we'll be right back" and play some awful
repetitive music.  I was curious to see how commflagging would handle this.
This morning, mythweb reports that the job found only 1 commercial break in
the 3 hour broadcast.  Does anyone have any experience with channels that do
this sort of thing for the commercials?  Is one commflagging method better
than another in this instance?