[mythtv-users] Myth Update

James Fidell james at fidell.co.uk
Thu Oct 11 08:57:15 UTC 2007

Brad DerManouelian wrote:

> yum -y upgrade is the supported method of upgrading. Some people have
> reported success with yum -y upgrade \*myth\* but it is definitely
> not recommended.
> yum -y upgrade mythtv* definitely will NOT upgrade correctly. For
> instance, your libmyth stuff will not upgrade with that command.

Have to admit that I've not exactly tried it that way, but I have done
stuff like:

  yum update pkg1 pkg2 ...

and yum resolves all the dependencies, pulling in additional packages as
required (in fact, I have a load of systems doing exactly that right
now).  Is libmyth not listed as a dependency for the other myth
packages, or does yum work differently for wildcard package names (I
can't see anything to that effect on the manpage, but this is open
source: who believes what they read on the manpage any more? :)

James