[mythtv-users] Getting lirc working on a Logitech Harmony

Marc drayson at net1plus.com
Thu Oct 11 08:21:40 UTC 2007

I just got my IR Blaster receiver today, plugged it in and, Wa-La!  Success.
I can now move around using the remote, so I'm very happy.  It'll take some
getting used to, mainly learning what buttons do what, etc., but this was a
major hurdle for me.  However, there are to things that I saw that I thought
someone might have some info on.

First, when I go the my videos section, I can change the Parental control
level by pushing the desired level on the remote and entering the PIN
(pressing 4 then the PIN).  However, there are 2 options on that screen that
say "MENU - Options" and "INFO - Actions".  These 2 option don't seem to map
to any button on my remote.  Any ideas on how I can get these 2 options
mapped?

Second, when I actually play a video, it plays with Xine.  I can pause, fast
forward, etc., but when I stop the video, I want to have Xine exit out and
stays up, and I have to ssh into the box and kill the process.  Any thoughts
on how to do this more gracefully?

Thanks,
Harry

Harry,

What kind of remote do you have? The Harmony remotes rarely work out of box
and you have to customize them.

 I have a Harmony 676 which has been programmed with TivoS2 buttons.

I have customized the configuration of the remote so that all the buttons
send signals from the TivoS2 pool.

I then customized the lircd.conf renaming the buttons and then created my
own lircrc file.

Marc