[mythtv-users] Myth Update

NoName Anonymous iwmdil at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 11 01:26:01 UTC 2007

Well, the fun just never ends.  :-)

After fixing my MoBo and after the distribution server was back up...  My MythDora installation was via Jarod Wilson's guide and I knew I had to upgrade / update MythTV to enable getting the guide data from Schedules Direct.

 I did a "yum -y upgrade mythtv-suite", as suggested in Jarod's document.  That churned along for awhile but ultimately said "Could not find update match for mythtv-suite" followed by "No Packages marked for Update/Obsoletion".

I tried it with "yum -y upgrade mythtv*" and it seemed to work.  I went in and was able to select Schedules Direct and get my guide data.

Then I went in to watch a movie (.AVI) which I had in the video section.  Nothing happened.  Many of the functions fail with a message "mythcontrols plugin was compiled against libmyth version: 0.20.2060828-4 ut the installed libmyth is at version: 0.20.2070821-1.  You probably want to recompile the mythcontrols plugin after doing a make distclean."

Searching Gossamer Threads for this error and instructions on how to compile (or recompile) the mythcontrols plugin yielded nothing.

Why did yum -y upgrade mythtv-suite fail (or MythTV-Suite or Mythtv-Suite)?

What's the best way to fix this?
    1)  Recompile the mythcontrols plugin?  If so, where is that documented?
    2)  Find a way to update or upgrade the entire MythTV suite or uninstall and reinstall it?  Again, is there a suggested procedure?

Thanks for any suggestions.