[mythtv-users] Mvix media player instead of frontend?

Gregg 3gemail at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 19:31:35 UTC 2007

> Anyone have any experience using an Mvix MX-760HD media player (
> http://www.mvixusa.com/product.php?product=mx760) instead of a machine
> running mythfrontend?
> I'm thinking it might be cheaper and more convenient to get one of those
> than to build and install a frontend machine.

I was looking at it just today, and I see that it runs a version of
UClinux.  There is a wiki  for it at
http://mvixcommunity.com/wiki/MX-760HD_Main_Page.   It would be nice
to create a mythfrontend for it, but it would require programming
experience of which I have none.  I believe it may work with the
mythtv's UPNP feature, but I do not see the unit documented in the
wiki (http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/UPnP).   I would be interested
on your findings if you do decide to go with the Mivx.

-Gregg