[mythtv-users] Hauppauge PVR-150 standard def tuner card: That was easy

Eric Robinson ryunokokoro at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 17:25:15 UTC 2007

Just tossing in my two cents on the subject and how awesome my situation went.

I built our server around an HDHomeRun and eventually got it working
with the SchedulesDirect info (this took a while as I had to enter in
all the data before anything got mapped.  Hurray digital channels).
We quickly realized, however, that there was much we still wanted from
Analog.  We dropped ~$110 for two PVR 150s from NewEgg.  I added them
to the new machine, booted into the latest Ubuntu Beta with Mythbuntu
Control Center installed, ran the Backend Setup and had everything
working in under 15 minutes.  Pure. Brilliance.  Getting the channel
data right took another twenty five minutes (inputting Channel names
and callsigns).

Seriously this has been a fantastic experience!  Thanks to all the
devs who work(ed) to make this possible!!