[mythtv-users] Problem with program guide

Todd mythtv at vbref.org
Wed Oct 10 17:15:33 UTC 2007

"Josh White" <jaw1959 at gmail.com> writes:

> That was just an example.  Every channel "x" has a description "x adding
> channel" when you look in the channel menu, or in the guide (the left most
> column).  So the history channel, which is on channel 42 where I live, says
> "42 adding channel" rather than "42 HISTORY" as it says on the table on
> schedulesdirect.org.

I had this problem too.

In the myth backend setup screen there's a screen where there are two
buttons... and I'm doing this from memory.  The one on the right is
something like "grab channel listing from listing source" and the
other searches for them on the tuner.    You want to do grab channel
from listing source.  But the thing is....  that didn't automagically
work  all the time.   Try selecting it twice so that you hear the disk
doing something when its selected.

Then pop back a screen and look in the channel editor to see if the
descriptiosn are there instead of the annoying "ADding Channel..."
thing.

This may have been a bug in an older version of Myth that it didn't
work.  I know I finally got it working when I upgraded to the version
that supported SchedulesDirect.

Hope that helps somewhat!