[mythtv-users] this might be a dumb question

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Wed Oct 10 16:47:11 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-10 at 12:40 -0400, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 04:26:28PM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> > Stanley Kamithi is working on "Picture by Picture" support, so--rather
> > than playing back one show in a small window in one corner of the screen
> > while watching something else--you can play back two shows side-by-side
> > (i.e. ideal for 4:3 content on a 16:9 screen).  But, more than two just
> > isn't feasible.
> >
> > Personally, though, I don't understand the idea.  After all, you can
> > only listen to one and--if it's really worth watching--why not watch
> > it?

One thing that comes to mind is football and baseball games. There are
enough pauses between plays in both those sports that it is easily
possible to follow two games at once, even if one of them has no sound.
I would be very happy to be a tester when this new feature is available;
I pretty much quit using PIP since it only worked for Live TV. It sounds
like that might not be the case any more either, I should look into it
again.

--Greg