[mythtv-users] Using two PVR-150 capture boards

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Oct 10 15:28:19 UTC 2007

JCA wrote:
>    As it happens, I have two PVR-150 capture boards, out of which I am
> using only one. Is it possible to use them both in a single MythTV PC?
> If so, how? In general, would I want to do that? If yes, why? What
> does having two such cards enable you to do?

Sure, why not. I used 4 of them in my last machine, and three in my
current one.

Just make sure they get initialized properly, then add them as
/dev/video0, /dev/video1 etc.

This allows you to record more than one channel at a time, watch onelive
while recording another and do PiP.

It also allows multiple sources. I have two connected to the cable TV
and the third to DISH network.

beww