[mythtv-users] Using two PVR-150 capture boards

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Oct 10 15:22:18 UTC 2007

On Oct 10, 2007, at 8:16 AM, JCA wrote:

>    As it happens, I have two PVR-150 capture boards, out of which I am
> using only one. Is it possible to use them both in a single MythTV PC?

Yes.

> If so, how? In general, would I want to do that? If yes, why? What
> does having two such cards enable you to do?

Add it to your machine, run mythtv-setup and add another capture card
just like you did the first one. You'll then be able to record 2
things at once. MythTV is smart enough to figure out the best way to
record what you have scheduled between the two cards.

It will also give you the ability to watch LiveTV while the other
card records if you choose to do that.

-Brad