[mythtv-users] PVR-500 opening livetv problem

Marc drayson at net1plus.com
Wed Oct 10 02:21:31 UTC 2007

yes, it is connected to an external STB, I'm only using one input on
it pvr500 (I used to use both, but I have 2 other tuners now and
really don't need one that is just analog cable).

The weird part for me is that it is working fine for recording shows,
just not live, maybe there is higher tolerance for how long it takes
the card to initialize when recording vs live?

IVTV 0.9.1
Kernel  2.6.19-gentoo-r5

I will try to get more information when I am home, but there are no
errors in the ivtv messages in dmesg.

Sorry I might not be able to help with this. Looks like you have the right
IVTV version for your kernel so the only thing I can think of is a myth
error. Post your backend logs from around a time period that you attempted
to watch live tv as well as the beginning of a recording.
If you don't any logs edit your /etc/conf.d/mythbackend file and change
MYTH_VERBOSE to "all". Then restart the backend service and grab log files
from your attempts to watch live tv.. there has to be a reason identified in
there.