[mythtv-users] Save clips

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Oct 9 20:42:09 UTC 2007

On Oct 9, 2007, at 1:20 PM, Gary Dawes wrote:

> Use the Edit facility, whilst watching a recording (E) to start
> creating a cut list. just chop out the bits you don't want as if
> marking commercials, and then use nuvexport to export the
> recordings, or I think the inbuilt transcode will do it. I use
> nuexport, as it's way faster when uising ffmpeg, and for me at
> least creates reliable xvid files, which I can play on various
> devices.
>
> gary

That doesn't solve his need to split them into separate recordings.
Myth will not do this with any built-in functionality. However, with
strategically placed commercial flags in your chopped up video, you
would be able to use the SKIP function while watching a recording
containing multiple pieces to quickly get to the next piece you kept.
Not what you're asking for, but a useable work-around.