[mythtv-users] OT: Size (MB) of Samsung HD501LJ drive?

Daniel Carter dantheperson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 20:40:46 UTC 2007

On 09/10/2007, mikp <mikpolniak at roadrunner.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 07:36:33 -0400
> "Steven Adeff" <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 10/8/07, MythTV <mythtv at blandford.net> wrote:
> > > Steven Adeff wrote:
> >
> > Michael, could you check the cfdisk size of a single drive for me?
> > Some manufacturers are slightly off, and while one could assume the
> > drive is the exact same size (500105.25), I've had 250GB drives from
> > different manufacturers that were slightly different. Since I'll be
> > adding these to an existing array it's kinda important that the size
> > is big enough to at least match the existing partitions on the other
> > drives.
> >

> cfdisk reports both of my HD501LJ Size:
>
> 500105.25 (MB)

I'm seeing:
sudo hdparm -i /dev/sda
/dev/sda:
 Model=SAMSUNG HD501LJ                         , FwRev=CR100-10,
SerialNo=S0MUJ1KP203268

cfdisk 2.12r

                                                 Disk Drive: /dev/sda
                                          Size: 500107862016 bytes, 500.1 GB
                                 Heads: 255   Sectors per Track: 63
Cylinders: 60801

Getting a bit noiser with age FWIW.  Wisper quiet when new.  Probably still
wouldn't be able to hear it if you have a system with a fan in it though.