[mythtv-users] status polling every minute crashes backend?

Billy Macdonald billymacdonald at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 18:11:40 UTC 2007

On 10/8/07, HN Plato <hnplato at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I've written a xap connector, that sends encoder status state and
> information in xap protocol onto the network. (xapconnectors project on
> sourceforge).
>
> It works well, however after running for 10 hours or so, mythbackend
> crashes. I am assuming that the polling (doing an http get of
> http://server:6544/xml every minute) is crashing the backend, as mybackend
> has not crashed at all up to this point. (had been running for 100 days
> straight).
>
> The crashes seem to be correllated with a recording finishing and job queue
> completion (commercial flagging). Has anyone seen this before? Any
> suggestions? Any better method to get real-time info on encoder status and
> changes?
>
> thanks!

What version are you running.  There was a memory leak a few months
back in SVN that caused my backend to eventually crash due to a query
every minute for its status via HTTP.

This was fixed before the patches for SD so if you updated for SD this
is not likely the issue.

Check the backend memory with top or something and see if it's
constantly growing.

Good Luck,
Billy