[mythtv-users] PVR-500 opening livetv problem

Marc drayson at net1plus.com
Tue Oct 9 12:26:45 UTC 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Asher
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2007 6:31 PM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] PVR-500 opening livetv problem

On 10/8/07, David Brieck Jr. <dbrieck at gmail.com> wrote:
> You're going to need to provide more information that what you've
> already given. I'm not a pro at reading the backed log with verbose
> logging, so it's hard to figure out your setup.
>
> It seems that you are tuning to the composite input on the tuner card?
> Does that sound right? Have you ever had it setup that way?

Yes, it is the composite input on the tuner card, it has always been
setup this way, and live tv has never worked well on that card.
Recording from that card works fine though, it is only live tv that
fails.

Asher,

Do you have an external Tuner? If not why are you not using the Tuner input
instead of the Composite?
Give me some more information about your setup. I have a PVR-500 working
without issues in one of my systems
Post your Kernel Version and IVTV Version. It could be you are using the
wrong version driver for your kernel.

Marc