[mythtv-users] OT: Size (MB) of Samsung HD501LJ drive?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 11:36:33 UTC 2007

On 10/8/07, MythTV <mythtv at blandford.net> wrote:
> Steven Adeff wrote:
> > I'm thinking of adding two of these to my existing RAID5 array but
> > want to make sure i won't have an issue. my current drives show a
> > cfdisk size of 500105.25 (MB). If anyone has one of these drives and
> > could let me know I'd much appreciate it!
> >
> > thanks!
> >

> Mine are all in a hardware raid 6, but they show up under the 3ware raid
> tool as:
>
> SAMSUNG HD501LJ 465.76 GB
>
> I was a little surprised when I bought them that there was 35 gig
> missing from what I was expecting.
>
> Michael

quite the thread I've inadvertantly started...

Michael, could you check the cfdisk size of a single drive for me?
Some manufacturers are slightly off, and while one could assume the
drive is the exact same size (500105.25), I've had 250GB drives from
different manufacturers that were slightly different. Since I'll be
adding these to an existing array it's kinda important that the size
is big enough to at least match the existing partitions on the other
drives.

Thanks!

--
Steve