[mythtv-users] Help me disable screen blanking in FC7

Jason McMillon jmcmillon at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 01:05:08 UTC 2007

Lately, my system has been blanking out after about 10 minutes of
inactivity and can't be woken up via my remote control.  However, a
connected keyboard works just fine.

I have updated all my software in a hope to alleviate the problem.
Before that the only thing that I recall changing is installing a dhcp
server and tftp server (which uses xinetd) for use with my MediaMVP.

Nvidia-settings doesn't seem to have anything to do with screen savers
and I have turned off screen blanking/savers via KDesktop.  I have
also rechecked my bios setting and didn't see any screen blanking
settings...

I running Fedora Core 7 and KDE using Jarod's guide.

Thanks in advance!!

Jason