[mythtv-users] Exporting dvb-t radio to mp3

James Fidell james at fidell.co.uk
Mon Oct 8 22:05:40 UTC 2007

Andrew Williams wrote:
> On 08/10/2007, James Fidell <james at fidell.co.uk> wrote:
>> I've run nuvexport-mp3 (nuvexport-0.4-0.20070717.svn) to try to create
>> an mp3 file of a recorded radio programme, but the output still seems to
>> be an avi file with a video component.  The nuvexport wiki doesn't help
>> me much that I can see.  Any ideas what I might need to do to get an mp3
>> file out?
>
> I use this as a userjob:
>
> nuvexport-mp3 --nice 19 --channel %CHANID% --starttime %STARTTIME%
>
> then in my nuvexportrc:
>
> <MP3>
>     bitrate = 192
> </MP3>
>
> I assume your trying to export UK DVB-T radio stations, usually
> they're about 128-192 kbps.

Aha.  From this bit of code in cli.pm:

        return defined($rc_arg)
                ? $rc_arg
                : $default;

it appears that whatever is set in /etc/nuvexportrc overrides the name
used on the command line and I have xvid set in my nuvexportrc.  Seems
rather counter-intuitive to me that it should work that way, especially
since nuvexportrc otherwise provides defaults for values that can be
changed in nuvexport.

Removing the default in /etc/nuvexportrc has things working perfectly.

James