[mythtv-users] Fedora 7 clock drift

Tim Litwiller timlitw at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 18:59:24 UTC 2007

On 10/8/07, Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:

> Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
> > I am wondering if any Myth users have been seeing clock-drift with
> Fedora 7. I
> > was wondering what was going on when my evening recordings began to
> start
> > noticeably late. For years I have used ntpdate to sync my clock at 1
> minute
> > after 4am and log the result. On my Myth box pre-Fedora 7 the time
> difference
> > was around 0 - usually -0.7 seconds. The day I upgraded I started
> logging
> > differences of 12 seconds, every single day. I _vaguely_remember reading
> > something about this happening in recent kernels (when the CPU governor
> is
> > used) but no amount of Googling turns up any similar references.
> >
> > Anyone else noticed this? I started noticing when the 11pm news started
> > getting about 10 seconds clipped off the front.
>
> Is ntpd an option for you? It's what I use on all my pcs.
>
> Or rather is running it multiple times per day an option, I also didn't
find anything other than that systems with high load my loose time.  One of
my oldest machines has had this problem for a long time it works good for
about a week with a new cmos battery and then starts loosing 2 - 5 seconds
per hour.  If it wasn't time sensative it would be ok, but some of it's work
is time sensative so I sync the time 4 times per day.