[mythtv-users] Record time offset

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Oct 8 18:30:42 UTC 2007

Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Oct 8, 2007, at 8:08 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

>>> Yeah, isn't that what the original post asked for?
>> No.  The OP wanted a way to ensure /all/ recordings end 1 minute late.
>> The global values will be ignored for back-to-back recordings, so it
>> doesn't do what he wants.
>
> Oh, that's dumb. :) I'd hate to miss entire recordings because I
> *might* miss the last minute of another one.

If you have 2 tuners of the same type, you can schedule the consecutive
recordings before any others in those time slots. The 2 will use
different tuners in that case, preserving the pre-roll/post-roll
setting. If you want channel 2 both from 8 to 9 and 9 to 10, myth can
use tuners 1 then 2. But if you also want anything on any other channel
in the 8 through 10 period, you should let myth use the same tuner and
drop the pre-roll or post-roll.

I didn't use these settings until very recently, and it was instructive
to schedule some consecutive programs and see what myth did to resolve
the conflicts by looking at the 'Upcoming Recordings' page.

Geoff