[mythtv-users] Old notebook with touchscreen ... make it "mythable" ?

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 18:17:30 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am at the moment in a hospital for a few days and thanks to Internet
and MythWeb I am still enjoying my MythTv recordings. I have only http
access, so I am not able to play on my machine over ssh, but I am
verrrrrry happy for having Mythtv. Thanks guys.

I am laying all day long in bed at the moment and thinking how to
improve my Myth setup at home. I have a file server for and mythbox
(backend and frontent together).

I got for free an 3-4 years old Acer laptop with touchscreen from a
friend of mine, because the  the bracket (the buck) between notebook
and display got broken. I came to an idea while laying in the hospital
to make an extension cable for the display to be able to hide the rest
of the notebook somewhere and just to make display really visible for
the use.

I could mount display somewhere ... in the kitchen or bathroom :) ...

do you have some ideas? is there someone with some crazy setups?

Thanks for making my time in the hospital shorter.

M.