[mythtv-users] Which video card to buy?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Oct 8 17:48:39 UTC 2007

David Brodbeck wrote:

> Eh, it's not like they forced you to.  The electrical interface
> didn't change.  Unlike the TV industry, they couldn't lobby the
> government to force everyone to switch. ;)

They sure tried hard though. Paying for "research" that showed possible
eye damage from looking at the wrong monitor and the like.

> Personally my favorites were the amberchrome ones.  Paper white CRTs
> were often too much like staring into a light bulb.

The Paper white didn't last very long, as that was about when VGA came
along as part of the PS-2 craze (and its wonderful Microchannel
Architecture, which did in fact do a better job of sharing IRQs than
even PCI).

beww