[mythtv-users] Thoughts - Master Backend versus 2 FE/BE

Mike Geisterfer m.geisterfer at sympatico.ca
Mon Oct 8 14:21:05 UTC 2007

People,   what are your thoughts of running 2 FE and 1 BE versus 2 FE/BE.

I have 2 MythBox's - Ones mine (in the pit) and the other is my
wife's (in the family room).

We presently run them as 2 standalone units. Are there any advantages
to run them as 2 FEs and use one machine as a backend.
My wife's machine is wireless (G), and I'm not sure if it can handle
SD content reliably.

Secondly, is there a way to use 1 database for channel listings or
does that just get too complicated. (trying to minimize traffic on SD.org)

Tuner cards are Hauppauge PVR250/350/500
All are running 0.20.2 with Schedules Direct on SD (Non-HD) video.
Hard Disk space is not an issue at this time.

Thanx in advance for your thoughts.

Mike G.