[mythtv-users] SVN question, possibly OT

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 8 09:24:55 UTC 2007

Todd Ferris wrote:
> I have a question about the mythtv SVN that I am hoping someone here
> can help out with.
>
> I was browsing the mythtv source trees and was looking at the
> release-0-20-2 tag.  Then I popped over to the release-0-20-fixes in
> the branches tree.  The release-0-20-2 last change was 1 month ago
> (makes sense given the release date), the release-0-20-fixes shows 6
> days since the last change.
>
> My question is, how can I tell what has changed between
> tag/release-0-20-2 and what is now in branch/release-0-20-fixes.  I
> assume that I should be able to just run a simple SVN command and it
> will spit out all of the changed files with the comments...
>
> In addition, can anyone point me towards (couldn't find on the wiki) a
> short description how the three directories (branch, tag, trunk) are
> used by the developers.  I searched the wiki, but didn't come up with
> anything.
>
> Thanks
> Todd

For that info you should be reading the commits and the dev list. They
are both archived. In general terms, the fixes branch should be used as
the official release branch and you should normally just compile the
latest fixes anytime you update.

That said, the trunk branch which is the bleed edge development code has
some nice new features that may make it worth while to upgrade however
it is not nearly as stable as -fixes.