[mythtv-users] DVB-T radio is working with SVN trunk

James Fidell james at fidell.co.uk
Mon Oct 8 07:43:17 UTC 2007

Paul Catchpole wrote:

> Hmm, well, this is the error for the BBC R2... The haven't changed the
> SID have they?

I think so.  My backup from before the change appears to have 14400 as
the service ID for R2, whereas now it is 18560.

> I must admit, despite other people commenting on the difficulties with
> scanning in the UK, I've never had any problems.

That's pretty much been the case for me too, though sorting out a config
file for scan for the Mendip transmitter took ages initially (and then I
discovered that our existing aerial wasn't really up to scratch as far
as DVB-T cards were concerned, though it worked mostly fine with an STB
for the previous owners).

> I've always [including
> the E4 C4+1 etc, recently], just stopped the backend process, ran
> mythtv-setup and used the channel scanner to run a full scan on both
> DVB-T cards.

AFAIR with that one I just patched the database directly, though I'd
agree that it's probably easier just to rescan.  I've usually found it
easier to use scan to get a channels.conf file and import that though.
For some reason I did find I was getting occasional core dumps when
using the normal scan at one point.  It's quite possible that was more
to do with the particular dvb-t card I was using at the time though and
now I just continue using that method because it's always worked :)

> Mind you, that's with DVB and EIT - in the 'old' days when
> Myth 0.8 was around and I used an analogue card with the pre-UK-RT
> grabber, [Ananova? Can't remember!] there was always a faff getting it
> set up - but then things didn't change a lot unless one moved transmitter!

The bleb and ananova scanners are the two I recall.  I have to admit
that I don't recall how hard it was setting the channels up -- other
than my fairly recent switch to a front-end/back-end DVB-T setup, I'd
not touched my analogue system since we last moved, three and a half
years ago.

James