[mythtv-users] mpeg2 playback quality captured with PVR-150

Chandi Bernier Chandi.Bernier at Usherbrooke.ca
Sun Oct 7 18:07:03 UTC 2007

>On 10/6/07, Chandi Bernier <Chandi.Bernier[at]usherbrooke.ca> wrote:
>>
>> Oh guys, I'm ready to take time to tweak that great system !
>> (Only if I know people have succeeded getting a good quality from a
>PVR150)
>> ;)
>>
>> Is there a way to lower the signal from my cable?? I guess using a second
>> splitter would do it but I'm afraid to introduce more noise in the loop.
>> A resistance between the splitter and the PVR ? That would also put too
>much
>> noise in the link.
>>
>To lower the signal you need an RF attenuator. I am told radio shack
>sells them. A quick test with a splitter sould tell you if this is the
>correct way to go as a splitter will have 3.5db or 7db attenuation
>between the input to the output leg.

>Can you post a screen shot (on a web page somewhere with a link)
>because I believe you are describing two distinct problems though.
>
>John
>John,

I couldn't make a screenshot with gentoo... I get blue-screens only ;)

I have made 2 small clips of 2.8mb each.
They are available from my server :

http://www.cequisepasseenregion.com/weather.mpg
http://www.cequisepasseenregion.com/weather2.mpg

The second one is more interesting to me since it shows that the network
logo is blinking, the solid blue color at the bottom is continually
"moving", the water on the map and the yellow bar are as well and the
picture is not sharp.

Thanks,

Chandi