[mythtv-users] plextor convertx transcoding workaround

Dale E. Martin dale at the-martins.org
Sun Oct 7 17:00:14 UTC 2007

> The 'lossy' transcoder (ie, to MPEG-4 .nuv files) will still copy the
> video if the source frame size is the same as the destination frame size
> (ie, if you're transcoding from say 640x480 to 640x480).  Right now I'm
> transcoding to a lower resolution because I'm not overly concerned about
> the quality.  Once I have some time and figure out this issue I'll bump
> the resolution back up and let it copy the frames over and only
> reencode around the cutpoints as necessary.

This is my final update on this since I got it working.  Chris is right;
I'm recording at 720x480 and if I transcode/reencode to 640x480 it works.
I'm very excited to have this working after thinking for 2 years that with
Plextor tuners I couldn't edit/transcode!

Thanks!
  Dale
Dale E. Martin - dale at the-martins.org
http://the-martins.org/~dmartin