[mythtv-users] mythtranscode: keep ac3 audio?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Oct 7 06:54:22 UTC 2007

* On Sat Oct 06, 2007 at 12:06:47AM -0500, Nate Carlson wrote:
> I'd like to keep AC3 audio when transcoding HD materials to  MPEG4.. I
> created a transcoder profile.. I've tried setting the codec to
> 'Uncompressed', but that still seems to drop it down to 2 channels. Is
> this possible?

Not possible with current SVN.  I'm working on this as part of a larger
rework of NuppelVideoRecorder and the lossy side of mythtranscode.  The
main focus is being able to use libavformat to write out the actual
container and allow using other libavcodec codecs so we can generate
things like mpeg-ps files containing MPEG-2 video and MP3 audio or
flv files playable via mythweb.  Copying AC3 audio is something I've
looked at as part of this larger patch.  I have successfully created
and played back nuv files with AC3 audio and I tested a proof of concept
version that would copy AC3 audio from source to destination.  My patch
is still a ways away from completion though, so don't expect it in SVN
anytime soon.

--
Chris