[mythtv-users] mpeg2 playback quality captured with PVR-150

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Oct 6 13:56:02 UTC 2007

Mike Perkins wrote:
> Brian Wood wrote:
>> For such a one-time project I'd try to borrow a meter from a local TV
>> store or cable installer.
>>
> Ha! Here's a man who thinks Mythtv is a "one time project"! There's *always*
> something that needs tweaking...

Certainly Myth is not a "one-time project", it is the diametric opposite.

But aiming an antenna, which is what the question was about, should be a
one-time thing, unless the transmitters move or a major windstorm moves
your antenna.

In fact, if you know your own location (perhaps using GPS), and also
know where the transmitters are, you should be able to aim a VHF/UHF
antenna well enough without a SLM (also the subject of the question).

The exceptions being when you have to compromise to get good reception
from transmitters at different locations, or you have major multi-path
problems.

Once your antenna is locked down you can go back to the eternal task of
tweaking Myth :-)

beww