[mythtv-users] HELP!!! Sound lost from all but HDTV shows.

Marc drayson at net1plus.com
Sat Oct 6 03:45:07 UTC 2007

I've seen issues like this (where the NIC fails to init) due to
bad/insufficient power from the power supply.  For some reason, on my
equipment, it always seems to be the NIC that's affected first.

Mike

Mike,

The nic on the 2nd system is working fine now, not sure why it was not the
first time around..
However, the corruption of the OS partition precludes this and I am building
the os again. Almost completed..

The first system the nic initializes.. gets an IP, and works for a few mins
before failing.. no errors.. the link lights stay on but it nolonger allows
any network access. I'll look into this more once I get the frontend back
up. Then I can continue researching the sound issue.
There is a receiver at work that I was told I could borrow, if I still am
getting no PCM through the optical port, to see if it's my receiver that is
bad.

Marc