[mythtv-users] mpeg2 playback quality captured with PVR-150

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Oct 5 23:35:57 UTC 2007

On 10/05/2007 07:21 PM, John Drescher wrote:
> On 10/5/07, Chandi Bernier <burni13 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I've got a bad quality when watching stuff recorded from my PVR-150.
>>
>> On some channels I've got diagonal lines but that seems to come from my
>> cable signal which would be too low for the capture card.
> My guess is the signal is too strong. Too low of a signal you get
> sniow. To high you get channel crosstalk causing diagonal lines.

Speaking of which, does anyone on this list know of a good--but not too
terribly expensive--field strength meter?  (Kind of like walking into a
hospital and asking if there's a doctor in the building... :)

I'm looking for something I can use to tune my signal from my antenna
(with powered amp and 4-way splitter).

Thanks,
Mike