[mythtv-users] HELP!!! Sound lost from all but HDTV shows.

Marc drayson at net1plus.com
Fri Oct 5 14:13:53 UTC 2007

If you have an optical spdif output on your card, try muting it through
alsamixer.  I have this happen every once in a while on one of my systems.
When it happens, I get the same symptoms - audio only from my hd5500 and not
from pvr350/150, nor from myth music.  Muting the optical output fixes it
for me.

Moasat,

Thanks for the idea.. unfortunately it won't help right now.
I moved the HDD's to the other machine that I had, exact same mobo, and it
would not detect the onboard network card, it installed the drivers but it
would not see it, weird..
I moved the HDD's back to the other system but the OS would not boot. One
kernel would fail to load any drivers, the other would hang with a kernel
panic..
I said screw it and started reinstalling gentoo on it only to have the nic
on this one decide to vanish.. Rebooting only solved the nic issue for a few
mins before it does it again. And eventually it went away completely and
would not work even after a reboot.

Put the drives back in the second system and the nic is working now.. But I
have to reinstall.
I'm not in a rush because I have a backend system with all my cards in it
doing the recordings. It may just be old hardware as I built the frontend
system 3 years ago.
My frontend is based off of an FIC Condor. I built 2 at the time I got them,
one for a gaming rig and one for my myth system. When I upgraded my gamer I
kept the old one around just in case I ran into any issues with the
frontend. Hopefully I can get the system working again off the 2nd system,
otherwise I need to build a new one and I'm not prepared for that
financially at the moment.

Marc