[mythtv-users] TV Recording to DVD

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Fri Oct 5 13:16:42 UTC 2007

On Thursday, 4 Oct 2007 15:41:23 -0700,
David Brodbeck <gull at gull.us> wrote :

>>   How does one transfer to DVD a TV recording ?  It doesn't seem
>> that there's such an option in the menus (recent Mythdora).

> The 'mytharchive' plugin is probably your best bet.

> Note that it must be run from a combined frontend/backend that has
> direct access to the recording directory.  Running it from a remote
> frontend won't work.

It is indeed a single installation, Mythdora 4.  I've tried it
once yesterday but eventually shut down the computer due to other
things to do.  Today I'm trying it again.  Now, the file selected
yesterday is already selected.  When I hit 'Create DVD' it immediately
goes to this Log Viewer screen and after some 5 seconds (auto update I
presume) it shows log statements ending with ffmpeg but, from
yesterday's.

What I'm trying here is to get the user interface experience.  Of
course, I can pop up a terminal and do a 'ps aux' and see that there is
no ffmpeg running at the moment.  But still MythTV log viewer shows me
the log statement from yesterday.

How can I reset this whole DVD creation process ?  If I try unselecting
the file int he file list it reports 'you must at least select one
file'.  And when I hit 'Create DVD' it shows me log statements from
yesterday.

Any idea how to get this going ?

Thanks.