[mythtv-users] need help with my irblaster.info irblaster w. lirc/MythTV

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 07:32:19 UTC 2007

On 05/10/2007, Joe Auty <joe at netmusician.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have the serial IR blaster from http://irblaster.info and I'm trying
> to get it working on my Ubuntu MythTV setup.
>
> I have the Hauppauge 250 card, and I do have the IR receiver and
> Hauppauge remote working there. I was told that in order to use my IR
> blaster, I would need to setup lircd to listen on a second device,
> /etc/lirc1. I'm having problems doing so, though. Ultimately, my error
> message is as follows:
>
> > $ irsend --device=/dev/lirc1 SEND_ONCE dish 1
> > irsend: could not connect to socket
> > irsend: Permission denied

Joe,

(also posted to lirc-list)

As I said in the previous thread on this list, you want to call irsend
with the LIRC socket (/dev/lircd1 in your case with a second instance
of lircd):

$ irsend --device=/dev/lircd1 SEND_ONCE dish 1

As I also said, you need to ensure that the user running irsend has
write privileges to the lircd socket being used. Please post the
output of:

$ ls -l /dev/lirc*

> I did have to startup the second one manually, my lirc init.d script
> doesn't seem to be starting up the second lirc daemon, but I'm assuming
> that this isn't contributing to my problem here.

Please post your init script to the lirc list. Maybe there something
in it causing the failure of the second instance.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/