[mythtv-users] Dvico dual digital 4 remote setup

victor rajewski askvictor at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 05:52:48 UTC 2007

On 10/5/07, Nicholas Magers <Nicholas.Magers at lands.nsw.gov.au> wrote:
> Could someone point in the right direction to get this remote working? It is
> the dvico mce remote that plugs into the back of the card itself. I got the
> card running using the linuxtv.org/mercurial drivers but the remote is
> proving baffling. Any advice would be appreciated.

AFAIK it doesn't work at the moment. Mike Krufky is working on another
test patch, but I have no idea how long it will be before a working
one comes out. See the linux-dvb mailing list for more info.

Personally I've opted for a home-made serial IR receiver (together
with the dvico MCE remote) until the dvico driver becomes a reality.

To activate it waking the computer up when you hit the power button on
the remote, I had to boot into windows and install the drivers. After
that the power-on worked fine.

vik