[mythtv-users] Scheduling recordings through mythweb forces bad channel

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Thu Oct 4 22:27:40 UTC 2007

On Oct 4, 2007, at 3:17 PM, Marc MERLIN wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 09:59:15AM -0700, Marc MERLIN wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was trying to find out why I couldn't schedule anything with
>> mythweb
>> on mythtv 0.20.2
>
> Ok, so can someone confirm that you are doing the same things with
> mythweb
> 0.20.2 and that it's working for you?
> If so, can you describe where your experience differs from mine?
> Does your custom schedule web page have a channel field?

No, it doesn't.  Smells like a bug, to me.

>> Eventually, I realized, that anything I enter through recording
>> schedule
>> custom (http://myth/mythweb/tv/schedules/custom), gets the recording
>> channel set as channel 3 instead of 'any channel'.
>> None of my programs air on channel 3, so nothing got recorded.

This, I can't duplicate.  Mine show up as 'Any', like I'd expect.
You're right, though, that once a rule gets set up for a specific
channel, there doesn't seem to be any way to edit the channel number
from MythWeb.  Maybe it can be changed through Mythfrontend?  I can't
try it right now because I'm not at home.