[mythtv-users] Network execs added 1 minute to program length

Brett Kosinski fancypantalons at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 20:02:20 UTC 2007

> That's a dumb assumption.

No more dumb than your own.

> A big portion of the recording is going to be immediately discarded
> (commercials) to begin with. Plus the beginning and end are very likely
> disposable (the credits).
>
> Depending on the show, lopping off the first or last minute or 5 might
> not be any problem at all. Or it might be preferable to missing it.
>
> Manually managing exceptions is contrary to the whole point of a PVR.

All you're doing is inverting the exception.  If Myth were changed to
your liking, all those that *don't* want their recordings clipped
would have to fix their schedules to prevent it from happening.

So, the question then becomes:  why are you right and Myth is wrong?

Now, speaking for myself, I explicitely *don't* want Myth clipping my
recordings.  It would appear the devs take a similar stance.

Brett.