[mythtv-users] Could someone just clarify a TV out question?

Simon Bell mail at simon-bell.net
Thu Oct 4 12:40:13 UTC 2007

Cheers for the response guys, I'll just clear up my MythTV machine specs
first;

AMD 64 3000+
1 gig RAM
Nvidia 8500 GT 256
WinTV Nova-T DVB-T
Outputting to a SD PAL TV via an SVIDEO

MythTV version - 0.20.2_p14324 & Nvidia driver version - 100.14.09
Running Gentoo.

So as I see it there should be no reason for the system not being able
to process a SD picture.

It is definitely "camera pans and news tickers sort of
slowing and speeding up instead of moving smoothly" that is the problem.
I have also noticed it with DVD playback.

But like Gull says why this should happen on a pal tv with the nvidia
drivers set to pal, I don't understand.

The only thing I can think to do (and have tried) is to put custom
modelines into the xorg.conf but of course when using the tv out the
Nvidia drivers ignore them. Which leaves the only option to build a VGA
to SCART converter (http://www.nexusuk.org/projects/vga2scart/), which
would allow the modelines to be passed to the TV.

One last thing I will say is that I *think I smoothed out the DVD
playback before using XvMC but that was on a different machine and I
could be wrong. But I have no way of testing as XvMC doesn't seem to
work with the new Nvidia drivers or (my card) but that's a different issue.

Simon

PS. I have been a complete dumb ass and left my email address on the
bottom of my first post, how do I remove it?