[mythtv-users] Nova-t 500 blank screen requiring reboot

James Cummings cummings.james at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 09:03:44 UTC 2007

On 10/4/07, Leigh Porter <leigh at leighporter.org> wrote:

> My other half has already cut my head off and shat down my neck a few
> times...
>
> I am also about to dump the 500.

I recompiled the V4L drivers including the patch specifically designed to
enhance signal quality on Nova-T devices, and it has worked a treat.  My
system has been rock stable for the past month and not missed a a single
program and the backend has not crashed once.  (Though, I've taken the
backend down twice in that time to run mythtv-setup.)

See http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-NOVA-T-500 and
especially the bit that reads:
=====

* MT1060_IF1_freq_set.diff - 2.3K
             * Sets the MT2060 IF1 frequency according to the
calibration values stored in the EEPROM. It is supposed to enhance the
signal quality
             * Olivier Danet
             * Post:
http://linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2006-December/014926.html

=====

-James

--
James Cummings, Cummings dot James at GMail dot com