[mythtv-users] Getting lirc working on a Logitech Harmony 550

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 08:19:41 UTC 2007

On 04/10/2007, Harry Devine <lifter89 at comcast.net> wrote:
> Nick Morrott wrote:
> > You did rename /etc/lircrc-haupgrey-g3.txt to /etc/lircrc, didn't you?
> >
> > A system-wide lircrc should be in /etc/lircrc, and user-specific
> > config in ~/.lircrc, which will take precedence of that in /etc.
> >

> I didn't do that (I didn't know I had to), but I just did, restarted the

There is a lot of useful LIRC info online at http://www.lirc.org which
explains how everything fits together.

> lircd service and tried again.  Same symptoms.  Could the new IR Blaster
> not be working?  When I re-ran the MythDora setup, I picked option 3
> first to do the IR Blaster, and picked COM1.  Maybe it's COM2?

1. Just to be clear, do you have a blaster (transmitter) or receiver?

2. It is possible the hardware is not working. In my experience it is
much more likely the LIRC config is not correct.

3. If your machine has more than one serial port, you'll need to know
which port your serial device is connected to and amend your
lirc_serial modprobe options (/etc/modprobe.conf) accordingly. You can
get the details of your serial ports from 'cat
/proc/tty/driver/serial' or dmesg. You must also release the kernel's
serial port driver before loading lirc_serial. I would expect MythDora
does this for you when you configure LIRC.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/