[mythtv-users] Screen flicker

Brian Phillips brian.phillips at gmx.net
Thu Oct 4 03:18:53 UTC 2007

I'm sure this has been brought up, but I can't seem to get the right
combination of search terms for gossamer threads.

I have a Hauppage pvr-500 with Phillips tuners and am enjoying my new myth
box.  On some channels (not all) there is a small flicker in the bottom
quarter-inch of the screen.  Just some flickering horizontal line running
across the bottom of the screen is all.  Other than that, the display is
nice.

My setup involves an Nvidia 5200 with s-video out to a little modulator that
places the signal back onto a coax so my old school television sits on
channel 3 (tv doesn't have s-video inputs).  I don't think it's the
modulator, because this flicker only occurs on about 3 of my 20 channels.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Brian Phillips