[mythtv-users] HELP!!! Sound lost from all but HDTV shows.

Marc drayson at net1plus.com
Thu Oct 4 02:59:15 UTC 2007

What brand of receiver do you have?  Is it set to automatically choose
the input format for each audio input?  I know my Yamaha can be set
to, for instance, only play Dolby Digital from an input, or can be set
to auto-detect what to play.

Phil,

I have a Sony STR-K700 and yes it is set to auto..
When playing from a recording from the HD card it switched between Dolby 2.0
and 5.1, or as it displays 3.1/2.0.
Prior to Monday it used to show PCM on the display when I watched recordings
from the PVR.

Again I say, nothing changed software wise.. So, unless something in the
code of the kernel or Alsa 1.0.14 said to stop sending PCM audio out through
the SPDIF on October 1st, I think I have a hardware issue. That is unless
someone knows of something else that could be causing this...

My setup has been working for atleast 9 months now. The only time I touched
it was in September when I upgraded to Gentoo 2007.0 and rebuilt all the
installed apps after the upgrade.. And it has been working since then
without issue until now.

Marc