[mythtv-users] Using both SD and EIT?

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Wed Oct 3 15:38:48 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 03 October 2007 10:13:10 am Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 10/03/2007 11:07 AM, Anthony Messina wrote:
> > On Tuesday 02 October 2007 10:22:50 am Mailing Lists wrote:
> >> Does anyone have a howto or can provide direction on how to integrate
> >> both SD and some EIT data?  I'm thinking I want EIT for some stations
> >> while SD for most of it since its more complete.
> >
> > you enable the EIT scanning for the input source in the mythtv-setup,
> > then you can either use mythtv-setup or mythweb to edit each channel for
> > which you want EIT data gathered.
>
> Though there are still issues with the code (which wasn't designed to
> support using both EIT and a grabber on the same video source).  I.e.
> you may lose EIT data every time mythfilldatabase runs or ...  (Oh,
> and--though you're not considering it--I feel I should remind readers
> that using EIT and a grabber on the same /channel/ is definitely not a
> good idea.)
>
> As you find issues, feel free to patch them and submit the patches.

right, that's what i found as well: the sd data gets overwritten with eit and
vice versa.  if i really want just eit data only, after using sd to get the
channel config into the db, i then delete the channel from my sd lineup.

i've only done it for testing, since i get crappy or non existent eit data, so
i'm not sure how that would work, long term.

--
Anthony -  http://messinet.com - http://messinet.com/~amessina/gallery
8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E