[mythtv-users] can't get nvidia to go at 50Hz

Wim Fokkens wimfokkens at planet.nl
Wed Oct 3 09:32:55 UTC 2007

Is your monitor a flat panel display?
If that is the case you have to ad the following line to the section device.
        Option          "ModeValidation" "AllowNon60HzDFPModes"
Otherwise the card won't go below 60Hz.

Section "Device"
	Identifier  "Videocard0"
	Driver      "nvidia"
	Option	    "NoLogo" "true"
#	Option	    "RenderAccel" "true"
#	Option	    "AllowGLXWithComposite" "true"
#	Option	    "NoDDC" "true"
        Option          "UseEDID" "False"
#        Option          "UseEDIDDpi" "False"
#        Option          "UseEDIDFreqs" "False"
        Option          "ModeValidation" "AllowNon60HzDFPModes"
#	Option	    "NvAGP" "true"
EndSection

Wim