[mythtv-users] Digital to analog audio crossover

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 03:36:28 UTC 2007

On my Myth frontend, I'm outputting spdif to my receiver, and from
there to 5.1 speakers.  However, I also have a multi-zone speaker
setup in other rooms.  They are fed by a L/R analog signal.  This is
fine for the analog sources connected to my receiver, but for the
digital input, no crossover occurs in the receiver to its analog
outputs.  So if I want the receiver to pipe the Myth audio to another
room, I'm out of luck.

I found this:

http://www.amabilidade2002.com/toslink.htm

which looks like it should take the receiver's digital output and
convert it to analog.  Anyone have any experience with this product,
or recommendations for something else?

-Jerry