[mythtv-users] How to automatically copy recordings from slave tomaster backend?

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 03:07:50 UTC 2007

On 10/2/07, Craig G. <craig at goranson.org> wrote:

> Jerry,
>
> If you are running one of the newer SVN version of mythtv then its easy
> enough to move files from one system to another.   I use a setup where I
> record and do transcoding of content on my backend, then move it off to to a
> networked attached HDD.
> The secret is setting up two storage groups

Craig, thanks, that sounds like exactly what I need.  Right now I'm
running 0.20.2-fixes, so I'd have to jump to SVN, but it sounds like a
compelling reason to do so.  I think once I have things a little more
stabilized (my Myth setup has recently undergone major reorganization,
along with the Schedule Direct update).

Mike - thanks for the pointer to myth_archive_job.pl.  That would be a
less drastic option, once I figure out what needs to change in the
database when a recording moves.

-Jerry